Sunday 30 November 2014

Promoting Anti-Bullying Week! - Creative Workshops for Anti-Bullying Week!

Hello Everyone!

So as you know from my last post, this month I delivered 3 workshops to different age groups at a local primary school, all subjected around Anti-Bullying Week! 

Within the workshops I delivered, the children I worked with were able to learn about all aspects of bullying, some of those being; what bullying is, the different types of bullying, the consequences of bullying, and the right thing to do if you experience bullying of any kind. In order to educate and promote the ideas of Anti-Bullying Week effectively to the children I worked with, I used my skills within Community Arts so that they could access the ideas of the workshop creatively, using role play, still images, and 'true or false' games. 

Delivering workshops subjected on a specific subject which a group feels needs discussing is always so rewarding and enriching. Throughout each of the three workshops I delivered, the answers and opinions the children were giving surrounding the subject of bullying were so satisfying to hear, and the results of the workshops were shown by the many smiling faces of the children leaving the school hall! However, two children in particular approached me at the end of my workshops, one expressing how she had been bullied and wondered whether she had handled the situation correctly, and the other thanking me personally for the workshop I had delivered as he felt his class needed to hear the information presented to them within the time I spent with them. It goes without saying that any praise or thanks I receive from delivering a workshop I appreciate and cherish, however these two individuals particular triggered the reinforcement of my love for Community Arts, and delivering creative workshops to individuals who both love and 'tolerate' theatre, in order to use one of my life-long passions for a good purpose, and to achieve a result that could change others lives indirectly as the participants of my workshops apply the knowledge they have received from the three workshops I have delivered. 

Educating children on the importance of Anti-Bullying, not just for a week within a month, but throughout their whole lives is so important, and I feel so lucky to have been given the opportunity to promote such a positive change using the skills I have for one of my passions.

Thank you all again for your amazing support, and I will see you soon for my post about my 'good deed' for December! 

Be good!

Kizzy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment